TRANSMISSION COMPANY OF NIGERIA
PROJECT MANAGEMENT UNIT
INVITATION FOR PREQUALIFICATION
NAME OF PROJECT: NIGERIA ELECTRICITY TRANSMISSION PROJECT
CONTRACT TITLE: REHABILITATION & REINFORCEMENT OF 330/132KV AND 132/33KV TRANSMISSION SUBSTATIONS (PACKAGE 1)
Credit No: …TBD
Project ID NO.: 146330 UNI
PREQUALIFICATION REFERENCE NO: NTP-TR1
DATE: 8th August 2017
(1) The Federal Republic of Nigeria has applied for financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Nigeria Electricity Transmission Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Rehabilitation & Reinforcement of 330/132kV and 132/33W Transmission Substations (Package 1).
(ii) The Transmission Company of Nigeria Plc – Project Management Unit (TCN-PMU) intends to prequalify contractors for Rehabilitation & Reinforcement of 330/132kV and 132/33kV Transmission Substations (Package 1) in two Lots as follows:
Lot 1: Rehabilitates & Reinforcement of 330/132kV and 132/33kV Transmission Substations in North-West and North Central Nigeria. The contract involves the supply and installation of lx 300MVA 330/132kV Power Transformer, 2x l50MVA Power Transformers, 5x l00MVA Power Transformers, 2x 60MVA Power Transformers with all associated accessories; 16 Nos, 330kV Circuit Breakers, 12Nos 132kV Circuit Breaker and 17Nos 33kV Circuit Breakers; 49Nos, 330kV Disconnect Switches plus Earthing Switch, 24Nos 132kV Disconnect Switches plus-Earthing Switch and 41Nos 33kV Disconnect Switches plus Earthing Switch and Rehabilitation of 8Nos Control Room buildings. The contract sites are: Kumbotso, Dakata Kaakia&-Dan Agundi (Kano State), Birin Kebbi (Kebbi State), Shiroro & Kainji (Niger State), and Abuja Central Area Transmission Substations
Lot 2: Rehabilitation & Reinforcement of 330/132W and 132/33kV Transmission Substations in Lagos, Nigeria. The contract involves the supply and installation of Ix 300MVA 330/132kV Power Transformer, 9xl00MVA Power Transformers, 6x60MVA Power Transformers with all associated accessories: 16Nos, 330kV Circuit Breakers, 15Nos 132kV Circuit Breaker and 40Nos 33kV Circuit Breakers; 26Nos, 330kV Disconnect Switches plus Earthing Switch, 22Nos 132kV Disconnect Switches plus Earthing Switch and 82Nos 33kV Disconnect Switches plus Earthing Switch and Rehabilitation of 10Nos Control Room. The contract sites are: Ijora, Lekki, Alagbon, Alausa, Akoka, AmuwoOdofm, Itire, Otta, Maryland and Egbin Transmission Substations.
Details of the above descriptions and scope of work are contained in the Prequalification Documents.
It is expected that the Request for Bids will be made in October, 2017.
(3) Prequalification will be conducted through the procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers July, 2016 (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Applicants as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
(4) Interested eligible Applicants may obtain further information from the Transmission Company of Nigeria Plc, Project Management Unit (TCN-PMU) – Engr. AA. [email protected] & [email protected] at the address (1) below during office hours 9.00AM to 5.00PM. A complete set of prequalification documents comprising of Lots 1 & 2 in English language may be purchased by interested Applicants on the submission of a written application to any of the addresses below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Fifty thousand Naira (N50, 000.00) via Remita at www.remita.net by generating Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) in favour of Transmission Company of Nigeria-Project Management Unit. The Prequalification Document shall be sent by Courier upon additional payment of Twelve Thousand Naira (NGN 12,000.00) for places within Nigeria or Thirty Thousand Naira (NGN30, 000.00) for Europe and West Africa and Fifty Thousand Naira (NGN50, 000.00) for all other countries not later than three (3) weeks from the date of publication to cover the delivery.
(5) Firms that cannot meet the following key qualifications requirements are not encouraged to participate in the Prequalification Process:
(a) Average annual turnover requirement
Minimum average annual turnover of
Lot 1 Forty one million US Dollars (US$41,000,000)
Lot 2 – Sixty three million US Dollars (US$63,000,000)
calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, within the last Five (5) years
(b) Financial Resources:
The Applicant shall demonstrate that it has access to, or has available liquid assets, unencumbered real assets, lines of credit, and other financial means (independent of any contractual advance payment) sufficient to meet the construction cash flow requirements estimated as:
Lot 1 – Seven million US Dollars (US$7,000,000)
Lot 2 – Eleven million US Dollars (US$ 11,000,000)
(c) Specific Experience:
A minimum number of Two (2) similar contracts specified below that have been satisfactorily and substantially completed as a prime contractor, joint venture member, management contractor or subcontractor between 1st January, 2012 and Application submission deadline:
Two (2Nos) Contracts, each of minimum value:
Lot 1- Thirty three million US Dollars (US$33,000,000)
Lot 2- Fifty million US Dollars (US$50,000,000)
(6) Applications for prequalification should be submitted to address (1) below in clearly marked envelopes and delivered to the address below by 12:00 noon on 19th September, 2017. Late applications may be rejected.
Transmission Company of Nigeria – Project Management Unit
(TCN-PMU) Conference Room 1,
Attention: Engr. A.A. Gwadabe – Project Manager PMU
No. 7, Hombori Street, Wuse 2,
Tel: +234 8080288802 or +234 8080288803
E-mail: [email protected] & [email protected]
Usman Gur Mohammed – Interim Managing Director
Transmission Company of Nigeria
No. 14, Zambezi Crescent, Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria.
Do you have all the certificates required for bidding? We assist businesses to obtain the required documents/certificates, to allow them to start bidding for contracts fast. Find Out More