MINISTRY OF INTERIOR
NIGERIAN PRISONS SERVICE
NATIONAL HEADQUARTERS, BILL CLINTON DRIVE, AIRPORT ROAD, ABUJA
INVITATION FOR PREQUALIFICATION AND TENDER FOR EXECUTION OF YEAR 2017 CAPITAL PROJECTS
(1) In compliance with the requirements of the Public Procurement Act of 2007, The Nigerian Prisons Service hereby invites interested, competent and reputable Service Providers/Contractors/ Suppliers with relevant experiences and delivery of projects within schedule to bid for execution of year 2017 Capital Projects listed below:
(2) SCOPE OF WORKS (CATEGORY-A)
|Lot No.||Project Description|
|NPS/WL/W/001||Construction of Admin Block at 3000 Capacity Prison, Kano|
|NPS/WL/W/002||Construction of Maximum Custody Block AT1 at 3000 Capacity Prison, Kano|
|NPS/WL/W/003||Construction of Dormitory Custody Block AT1 at 3000 Capacity Prison, Kano|
|NPS/WL/W/004||Construction of 32 Units 1 Bedroom Block of Flats (4 Floors) Block ‘A’ at 3000. Capacity Prison, Kano|
|NPS/WL/W/005||Construction of Admin Block at New Prison Bori|
|NPS/WL/W/006||Construction of Dormitory Block AT1 at New Prison Bori|
|(3) SCOPE OF WORKS/GOODS (CATEGORY B)|
|Lot No.||Project Description|
|NPS/WL/W/007||Construction of Boundary Fence at 3000 Capacity Prison, Kano|
|NPS/WL/W/008||Construction of Patrol Roads at 3000 Capacity Prison, Kano|
|NPS/WL/W/009||Provision of Central Sewage System at 3000 Capacity Prison, Kano|
|NPS/WL/W/010||Construction of Standard Perimeter Fence at 3000 Capacity Prison, Kano|
|NPS/WL/W/011||Construction of Medium Custody Block AT 1 at 3000 Capacity Prison, Kano|
|NPS/WL/W/012||Construction of Prison Hospital at 3000 Capacity Prison, Kano|
|NPS/WL/W/013||Construction of 10 Nos. Observation Towers at 3000 Capacity Prison, Kano|
|NPS/WL/W/014||Construction of 3 Bedroom Bungalow With Boys Quarters at 3000 Capacity Prison, Kano|
|NPS/WL/W/015||Construction of 8 Units 2 Bedroom Block of Flats (4 Floors) Block ‘A’ at 3000 Capacity Prison, Kano|
|NPS/WL/W/016||Construction of Boundary Fence at New Prison Bori|
|NPS/WL/W/017||Construction of Standard Perimeter Fence at New Prison Damaturu|
|NPS/WL/W/018||Construction of Admin Block at New Prison Damaturu|
|NPS/WL/W/019||Construction of Cell Block (240) at New Prison Damaturu|
|NPS/WL/W/020||Construction 250 Standard Auditorium at PSC, Kaduna|
|NPS/WL/W/021||Construction of 1nr 8 Units 2 Bedroom Block of Flats at Prison Village, Abuja|
|NPS/WL/W/022||Construction of 200 Seat Auditorium at Prison Village, Abuja|
|NPS/WL/W/023||Construction of Lecture Hall at PTC, Kirikiri, Lagos|
|NPS/WL/W/024||Construction of Concrete Storey Building (CB 112) at Abeokuta New|
|NPS/WL/W/025||Construction of SHQ Office Birnin Kebbi|
|NPS/WL/W/026||Fortification of Perimeter Fence/Renovation of Gatelodge/Admin Block at Arochukwu|
|NPS/WL/W/027||Construction of 4 Units 1 Bedroom Flats at Arochukwu|
|NPS/WL/W/028||Construction of Student Hostel at Abeokuta Borstal|
|NPS/WL/W/029||Fencing of CP & DCP’s Quarters at Abakaliki|
|NPS/WL/W/030||Renovation of Storey Building Cell Block at Ado-Ekiti Prison|
|NPS/WL/W/031||Renovation of Zone H Headquarters, Makurdi|
|NPS/WL/W/032||Construction of Admin Block at Enugu Borstal|
|NPS/WL/W/033||Renovation of SHQ Office at Benin City|
|NPS/WL/W/034||Renovation of CP Quarters at Asaba|
|NPS/WL/W/035||Rehabilitation of Perimeter Fence at Onitsha Prison|
|NPS/WL/W/036||Construction of 3 Units Cell Block at Kujama Farm Centre|
|NPS/WL/W/037||Construction of 4 Units Single Bedroom Self Contained Staff Quarters at Kujama Farm Centre|
|NPS/WL/W/038||Construction of 2 Unit Cell Block at Ozalla Farm Centre|
|NPS/WL/W/039||Construction of 4 Units Single Bedroom at Ozalla Farm Centre|
|NPS/WL/W/040||Renovation of Cells/Admin at Lakushi Farm Centre|
|NPS/WL/W/041||Construction of Access Road at Katsina New Prison|
|NPS/ITP/G/001||Procurement of 1 No. Combined Harvester at Kujama Farm Centre|
|NPS/ITP/G/002||Procurement of 1 No. Combined Harvester at Lakushi Farm Centre|
|NPS/OPS/G/001||Supply of 89 Nos. Desktop HP Pro Computer Set at NHQ Abuja|
(3) GENERAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Interested and competent Contractors, suppliers and Service Providers/Consultants wishing to carry out any of the projects listed under the Two (2) categories above are required to submit the following documents in their prequalification/Technical Proposals which will be subject to verification and due diligence by the Nigerian Prisons Service:
(i) Certificate of Incorporation with corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
(ii) Tax clearance certificate for the recent past three (3) years (2014, 2015 and 2016).
(iii) VAT registration certificate with evidence of remittances to FIRS in the last three years (2014, 2015 & 2016).
(iv) Up to date Returns with the Corporate Affairs Commission (Letter of compliance must be attached).
(v) Evidence of compliance with the requirements of training contribution to the Industrial Training Fund (ITF).
(vi) A Certificate of compliance issued by NSITF with security features and validity period.
(vii) Certificate of compliance with National Pension Commission (PENCOM) requirements on contribution.
(viii) Evidence of registration on the National Database of BPP on the particulars, classification and categorization of Federal Contractors, consultants and service providers as required by the provisions of section 5(h) and 6 (i) (F) of the Public Procurement Act of 2007.
(ix) Comprehensive company profile showing organisational structures, list of professional staff including curriculum vitae of key personnel involved in project implementation, stating qualifications, years of experience and professional qualification/registration where applicable (enclose photocopies of all credentials & curriculum vitae and contact GSM number).
(x) Evidence of previous experience/performance on similar job successfully executed in the past 3 years (Please attach award letters, job completion certificates, evidence of payment, Interim/Final certificate of payment for the job done etc.
(xi) Evidence of financial capability such as Bank guarantees indicating accessibility to credit facility.
(xii) Evidence of possession of a substantial proportion of machineries and equipment required for successful execution of contract or lease agreements in case the equipment are not owned by the company. State location of the plants and equipment for easy verification.
(xiii) Company Audited Account for the recent past three 3 years 2014, 2015 & 2016 prepared, duly signed & stamped by qualified Audit firm. (Please note that the average turnover in the Audited Account/Tax clearance Certificate of the company for the past three years should not be less than the cost of project to be bided).
(xiv) A sworn affidavit indicating that all documents submitted are genuine and can be verified.
(xv) A sworn affidavit that none of the Directors of the company has been convicted for a criminal offence including fraud or financial impropriety.
(xvi) A sworn affidavit that none of the Directors of the company is a member of staff of the Nigerian Prisons Service.
(xvii) All Certificates used for this bidding exercise should be in coloured photocopies.
(4) ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR CATEGORY “A” PROJECTS
(i) Annual Turnover of at least five hundred million in the last 3 years (The Annual turnover in the Audited Accounts and Tax Clearance Certificate must be consistent, duly signed and stamped).
(ii) Verifiable evidence of having experience as a prime contractor in at least three (3) projects of a security nature and complexity comparable to the works under consideration (i.e. expertise in construction of maximum housing custody within the last five years (5) (copies of letters of award/Certificates of job completion to be attached and contact information of the Clients).
(iii) Number of projects at hand and progress achieved on each (Copies of letters of award, Locations and Clients Information with GSM numbers).
(5) PAYMENTOF PROCESSING FEE/COLLECTION OF BID DOCUMENTS:
For projects under category ‘A’, prospective firms are to pay non-refundable processing fee of N50,000.00 only while bidders for category ‘B’ will pay non-¬refundable processing fee of N20,000.00 only into Federal Government TSA through Remita Retrieval Reference. Thereafter use the TSA reference payment number/Bank teller to obtain Treasury Receipt at the Prison Cash Office, PHQ, Abuja.
Bid documents can also be obtained from the Technical Unit of the Procurement Department (Capital) 1st Floor Room 111 Prisons National Headquarters, Bill Clinton Drive, Airport Road, Abuja on presentation of TSA reference payment number, Bank teller and Treasury Receipt of non-refundable tender processing fee obtained from Prisons Cash Office.
(6) SUBMISSION OF BIDS: Prospective Bidders shall enclose two (2) separate envelopes clearly marked “Prequalification /Technical and Financial” for Category A while that of Category B be marked “Technical and Financial”. The two (2) envelopes should be enclosed and sealed in One (1) large envelope and each of the envelopes shall bear the Lot Number, Project description, Name and Address of the company which will be addressed to:
Head of Procurement,
Nigerian Prisons Service,
National Headquarters Office,
Bill Clinton Drive, Airport Road
Prequalification/Tender submission commences from Monday 7th August, 2017 (8:00a.m. to 4:00p.m. daily) and closes on the Monday 18th September, 2017 at 12noon. Prequalification/Technical bids opening follows immediately at the Prisons National Headquarters office (Pavilion) Abuja. The representatives of the prospective vendors, NGO’s, relevant Professional bodies and other Contracts Stake holders are invited to witness the Prequalification /Technical bids opening.
Please Note that:
• Due to the peculiar nature of Nigerian Prisons Service’ projects, all requirements are Considered critical to this procurement and any defect or non-compliance with any of the requirements would automatically disqualify the bid.
• Only the financial bids of shortlisted firms that meet the prequalification and technical evaluation criteria shall be opened at a later date.
• The Service will deal only with authorized officers of the bidding companies and not an individual agent.
• On the account that bid documents are submitted in any other location other than the address given makes the submission invalid.
• Nigerian Prisons may (in the interest of Public) decide to cancel any procurement at any stage without incurring any liability to the Service.
• Notwithstanding the submission of the bids, Nigerian Prisons Service is neither committed nor obliged to include your company on any bidders list or to award any form of contract to your company and/or associated companies, subcontractors or agents.
• All documents submitted shall be referred to security agencies and other relevant bodies for verification.
• Multiple bidding will not be accepted.
• This advertisement of ‘Prequalification and Invitation to Tender’ shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of Nigerian Prisons Service, nor shall it entitle bidders to make any claim(s) whatsoever and/or seek any indemnity from Nigerian Prisons Service by virtue of such bidders having responded to this advertisement. Neither will the Nigerian Prisons Service incur any liability in an event that the procurement is cancelled.
Head of Procurement
For: Controller General of Prisons
Do you have all the certificates required for bidding? We assist businesses to obtain the required documents/certificates, to allow them to start bidding for contracts fast. Find Out More