INSTITUTE OF HUMAN VIROLOGY, NIGERIA
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL FOR CAPACITY BUILDING OF HEALTHCARE WORKERS
CONTRACT TYPE: SERVICE CONTRACT
PREAMBLE: The Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN) is the Principal Recipient (PR) of the Global Fund New Funding Model (NFM) Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis (DRTB) grant in Nigeria, supporting the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Program (NTBLCP) in the care and treatment of DR TB patients.
Great strides have been made by the NTBLCP and partners in addressing TB since it began implementing the internationally recommended Directly Observed Treatment Short course (DOTS) strategy for TB control in all states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) in 2004 and multi-drug resistant TB in 2010 respectively; adopting both community and facility- based models of care. To improve and sustain the quality of TB care and treatment programs, IHVN seeks to engage the services of a local organization competent in capacity building and performance measurement.
The local organization shall be responsible for:
• Development of Quality Management curriculum
• Development of Quality Management training manuals and slides
• Development of Performance Measurement framework and manuals
• Building capacity of health care workers offering TB services on Quality Improvement Initiatives
• Support facilities offering TB services on program monitoring and performance evaluation
GUIDING CRITERIA FOR SELECTION:
The selection of the Service Providers will be in accordance with IHVN’s procedures and policies as stated in eligibility criteria/instructions below.
Selected providers will be required to formally register with the Institute before engagement
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA/INSTRUCTIONS TO BIDDING:
Note to applicants: All the criteria/requirements noted below are required for consideration for eligibility for selection.
• Bidders not registered with IHVN must include company profile.
• Bidders not registered with IHVN must include copies of tax clearance certificates for the past three years.
• All bids must provide evidence of at least two similar Jobs made in the past for IHVN/other organizations etc with a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience working in Quality Management in healthcare, preferably communicable diseases.
• Bidders not registered with IHVN must provide proof of registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
• A good track record of engaging in performance measurement and continuous quality improvement initiatives.
• Experience with analysis of healthcare and other related data, program monitoring and evaluation will be an advantage.
• Experience working with the Government of Nigeria and Ministries of health at different levels.
• Demonstrable experience in developing implementation guidelines and manuals targeted at specified programs/audience.
• Evidence of previous relevant capacity building exercises in the healthcare or other sector.
• The interested organization must provide information indicating that they have the capacity and capability i.e. (adequate personnel, office management and financial system etc) to implement any volume of work/assignment,
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Bids which must reach us within ten working days from the date of this publication should have the title of the project written on the Top Left Hand Corner of the envelope.
• All bids which should be properly sealed must be in Ink or type written; submission in pencil will not be accepted.
• The bid document should be submitted to the head office on or before the slated date as specified below.
• All enquiries regarding the proposed application for the above should be directed to the Associate Director Procurement of IHV-Nigeria
• Bids will be opened at Bid opening date and time specified below.
ADVERT DATE/TIME: 17/08/2017 8:00am
CLOSING DATE/TIME: 30/08/2017 5:00pm
The Associate Director Procurement
Procurement Unit-Supply Chain Management Department
Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria
Pent House, Maina Court Plot 252,
Herbert Macaulay Way, Central Business District
P.O. Box 9396, Garki, Abuja-NIGERIA
Tel: +234 (0) 9 4610342, 4610341, Fax: +234 Ext. 4025,
Do you have all the certificates required for bidding? We assist businesses to obtain the required documents/certificates, to allow them to start bidding for contracts fast. Find Out More