CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (CONSULTING SERVICES)
ASSIGNMENT TITLE: NAMBUIT TASK MANAGER
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in collaboration with the Industry Stakeholders is in the process of developing a Unified IT platform for Microfinance Banks (MFBs) called (NAMBUIT project) compromising of a core banking system and sub-system for agent banking, non-interest banking, mobile payment etc. The NAMBUIT platform is a common platform for information processing which will serve the MFBs and allow them to reduce operational costs as well as improve their ability to provide necessary information to agencies such as CBN and NDIC. The Rural Finance (RUFIN) project had supported the development of a business plan for the NAMBUIT platform and CBN has engaged a technical vendor to deploy and implement the core and agent banking systems for NAMBUIT.
The objective of the assignment is to secure the services of a competent Individual Consultant that would serve as a task manager for the deployment of NAMBUIT Network Operating Center (NOC) to manage the project. The Task Manager would oversee the implementation of the project and drive the engagement with relevant stakeholders (CBN, NDIC, Development partners, Partner vendor organizations, National Association of Microfinance Banks, relevant government agencies etc.) to ensure deliverables are met.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include facilitating, supervising and managing the following activities for the NAMBUIT Network Operating Center (NOC).
a) Setup of NAMBUIT technical infrastructure to serve the core and agent banking.
b) Setup of NAMBUIT application development capability.
c) Hardware setup and maintenance.
d) NAMBUIT security of critical infrastructure.
e) Development, deployment, and management of NAMBUIT enterprise resource planning systems (ERP).
f) Managerial deliverables & quality assurance for NAMBUIT.
g) Capacity building to meet NAMBUIT revenue-generating objectives.
h) Project management setup and advisory planning.
i) General project reporting.
The assignment is for a period of one (1) year with a possibility of extension subject to satisfactory performance. Expected date of commencement of contract is 1st November 2017.
The CBN now invites eligible individuals (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
1. Minimum of a Master Degree in Business, Information System, Engineering or related discipline. A Doctorate degree will be an added advantage.
2. At least 15 years of relevant work experience (of which 10 years must be at the level of senior management) with multilateral organizations. Development institutions, or Analytics/Consulting organizations in IT Project Management, Business Process Management, IT strategy development and implementation is a MUST requirement.
3. At least 5 years deploying and managing IT platforms for Microfinance Banks in Nigeria and other jurisdiction (Africa and Asia or South America). Kindly attached a list of past projects detailing project description, sponsoring institution, dates, and references for the project.
4. Professional certification in Project Management (PMP or Prince2) is a must.
5. Certification in Business Process and/or IT governance will be an added advantage.
6. Strong and analytical and conceptual skills, and highly detail-oriented.
7. Good communication skills – written and oral – are critical; ability to rapidly write reports and presentations to a variety of audiences (experts and non-experts) with clear, concise, and impactful messages is essential.
8. Strong Microsoft Office skills, with a good command over MS. Excel; knowledge of MS Project will be a plus.
9. Ability to juggle numerous competing demands and priorities, respond quickly to client requests, and set priorities.
10. Candidates that have passed at least a level or completed Microfinance Certification with the CIBN would be an added advantage.
Note that ONLY those who meet the above criteria will be contacted. Also note that the selection is strictly for an Individual Consultant and as such, excludes firms.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours: 9:00 am and 4:00 pm.
Expression of Interest must be delivered in a written form either by post or e-mail to the address below by 4:00 pm on 12th September 2017.
Head, Analytics & Special Examination
Other Financial Institutions Supervision Department
Central Bank of Nigeria
33 Tafawa Balewa Way
Central Business District
Tel: +234 – 9 – 462 – 35446
For further information, please call: 07002255226
Do you have all the certificates required for bidding? We assist businesses to obtain the required documents/certificates, to allow them to start bidding for contracts fast. Find Out More