REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (CONSULTING SERVICES– FIRMS SELECTION)
ASSIGNMENT TITLE: DISASTER RECOVERY SITE CONSTRUCTION FOR AFRICAN UNION
MISSION CRITICAL SERVICES (SAP SYSTEM)
REFERENCE NO.: AUC/AHRM/QCBS/-2017
The African Union Commission has allocated a fund toward the cost of the Support for Capacity Development of the African Union Commission and intends to apply for Disaster Recovery Site Construction for African Union Mission Critical Services (SAP System).
Objective of the Assignment
The main objective of this project is to facilitate the realization of the mission and objective of the commission by creating & providing a disaster recovery site which is secure, fast, efficient, simple to manage, cost effective and highly available. To that end, the project aims to achieve this objective by setting up the following infrastructure services:
• Obtain a converged infrastructure for setting up the DR Site (Computing, Storage, Network and Backup);
• Interconnect the DR site (South Africa, Midrand) with the existing datacenter at HQ (Addis Ababa, Ethiopia);
• Replicate resources in real time between the two sites. Replication time and estimated change of data per hour is indicated in the list – Annex-I.
• Obtain necessary configurations to enable users to get access to resources from both sites as well as from Internet using a secure VPN connection.
Scope of the Assignment
The current Datacentre components were procured independently and assembled to possess the current shape and structure. However, such a process has its lead time to complete the project as well as challenges in assembling the components to give the required output.
However, in the new DR site, AU prefers to have a “Converged Infrastructure” that has similar service provision with the existing system in the HQ but catered for the specific need required to run mission critical applications (SAP). Hence, opted for converged datacentre IT platform.
The envisaged DR site is indeed expected to operate in tandem with the current existing datacentre in near to real time data being replicated in both sites for seamless access of information from both locations as a means for business continuity.
The African Union Commission requests vendors/integrators capable of supplying, installing, configuring and commissioning of the requirement stated in the following lots.
LOT I: Hardware ITEMS
In this lot integrators are required to supply install, configure and commission a converged infrastructure capable of addressing the below specific technical requirements.
1. The computing resource – Equivalent to the current load of mission critical applications i.e. 128 processor Cores running on an average of 2.4GHZ or above CPU, 4 TB Physical Memory (RAM), 10Gbps x 4 connections per server (CNAs).
2. Network resource – Equivalent to 2 X DC Core switches configured in redundant operation.
3. Storage resource – Equivalent to 40 TB RAW capacity, expandable.
4. Virtualization – Equivalent to VMware VSphere 5.5 as virtualization platform. Resources shall be able to be managed from the main datacentre as well using VCenter.
5. Backup resource – Equivalent to 100TB raw capacity disk backup system with De-Duplication feature.
Multiple operating systems are expected to run in this platform, e.g. Windows, Linux, etc. However, other than the virtualization software, the operating systems are not included in the provision of service required.
LOT II: Software ITEM
In this lot integrators are required to supply install, configure and commission a disaster recovery replication software at both the primary datacentre in the Head Quarters in Addis Ababa and DR site in Midrand, South Africa. The Replication Software must be capable of addressing the below specific technical requirements.
The Replication software should at least have the following main features,
1. It must have the capability to do a point in time recovery feature which enables applications to be instantly restored to a specific point in time.
2. It should have the capability to do continuous replication of application data, storage, databases, and files with bidirectional synchronous and asynchronous replication.
3. It must have a feature to do compression to work on a very limited bandwidth.
4. It must have a feature which enables the reduction of data that is replicated to minimize or reduce bandwidth utilization.
The two sites (HQ Datacentre and DR site) are supposed to be interconnected via a possible VPN over internet or MPLS communication as deemed available from service providers in each location. Replication at the level of application and storage is necessary for the intended service.
To that end, the following design requirements are depicted:
Resilient inbound traffic flow: both sites must advertise IP prefixes assigned to HQ Datacentre and DR Site to the Internet, and hence resources are accessible globally.
Optimal inbound traffic flow: Traffic for IP addresses in one of the datacentres should arrive over uplinks connected to the same datacentre; DCI link should be used only when absolutely necessary.
Optimal outbound traffic flow: Outbound traffic must take the shortest path to the Internet; as above, DCI link should be used only when absolutely necessary.
Fig. 1 – Simplified topology showing the required connection
Access to resources requirement
Access to resources (e.g. applications) shall be transparent to users from internal as well as from external. Irrespective of the data location or availability of the datacentre, user data shall be able to be retrieved when accessed.
Necessary configuration and DNS load sharing shall be part of this project and vendors shall propose their opted solution in detail to explain different failure scenarios and access methods towards the organization resources.
Other additional Requirements
• The converged infrastructure solution must be compatible with the current setup in the primary data centre of the African Union Commission or preferably similar.
• Proposal must also include database to database as well as SAN to SAN replication software with all required licenses for both primary and DR site.
• Proposed solution must include disk-to-disk backup solution with data deduplication capabilities. The backup solution must include the required software and licenses.
• All licenses and software required for the proposed solution must be included.
• Proposed solution must also include any hardware, software, licenses and/or appliances required at the primary data centre on the existing infrastructure.
The African Union Commission now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
1. Core business and years in business
2. Qualifications and Specific experience in the field of the assignment
3. Technical and managerial organization of the firm
4. General qualifications and number of key staff
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the AUC Procurement Manual selection of consultant based on Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the AUC Procurement Manual clause 4.9.4. Therefore, consulting firms are kindly requested to send their expression of interest based on scope of service indicated above.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 8:00-13:00hrs and 14:00-17:00 hours, -3hours GMT.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) before or by August 17, 2017.
Procurement Travel and Store Division
Attn: Carine Toure Yemitia
Building C, Room 327
African Union Commission, P.O.Box 3243, Roosevelt Street] Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Tel: +251 (0) 11 551 7700 – Ext 4371
Fax: +251 (0) 11 551 0442; +251 11-551-0430
E-mail: [email protected]
Do you have all the certificates required for bidding? We assist businesses to obtain the required documents/certificates, to allow them to start bidding for contracts fast. Find Out More