As part of its Humanitarian Assistance Activities in Nigeria and the region. The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) hereby seeks all reputable and licensed Logistics Service Providers interested to provide WFP with their services in different sectors of WFP operation. Specifically:
1. Clearing and Forwarding (C & F)
2. Primary Transport: Cargo Transport from/to main storage locations such as Maiduguri, Damaturu, mubi, Jos, Kano, Lagos etc
3. Secondary Transport: Cargo Transport from Maiduguri, Damaturu, Mubi, Jos, Kano etc to various delivery points in LGAs.
5. Handling: Loading, Offloading, Reconditioning etc
6. Food treatment & Quality: Testing, Fumigation, Spraying etc
Interested Companies are requested to forward all relevant documents mentioned below to WFP Nigeria Office in Abuja, Damaturu and Maiduguri. Submissions must specify Area of interest and must be accompanied by the following documents:
1. Cover letter/Company profile including contact details and brief overview on area of interest
2. Proof of registration of the company – Valid Business License, tax registration (if applicable) issued by relevant Government Authority
3. For C & F and transport sectors, list of trucks working under the company (Specify owned/subcontracted including information on Load capacity and plate numbers is required.
Please note that this announcement applied to ALL SERVICE PROVIDERS including those Transporters that are currently working for WFP as a means of updating their profile.
All documents should be written and/or translated into English and submitted in sealed envelopes, addressed to WFP Logistics quoting reference “WFP/SL/2016- Logistics Services Provider”.
Submissions will be reviewed by WFP and only selected applicants will be contacted for further processing.
Sealed Envelopes must be hand delivered to WFP Registry in Damaturu, Maiduguri and Abuja by 12.00pm, Monday 26th of December, 2016.
• This is not a tender or contract and transport rates are not required at this stage
• Shortlisting of companies does not bind WFP to offer a service award at any time.