The University of Agriculture Makurdi is desirous of implementing some projects to be financed from the Needs Assessment of Nigerian Public Universities: Special Presidential Intervention.
Consequently, the University hereby invites interested reputable Contractors to Tender for the implementation of the under listed projects:
LOT DESCRIPTION OF PROJECTS NON REFUNDABLETENDER FEE (₦) BID SECURITY
1) Construction of 2-storey (3 floors) block of laboratories and offices for Department of Wildlife and Range Management, College of Forestry and Fisheries 30,000.00 N/A
2) Construction of 2 No classrooms for Department of wildlife and Range Management, College of Forestry and Fisheries 20,000.00 N/A
3) Construction of 2-storey (3 floors) block of laboratories and offices for Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture, College of Forestry and Fisheries 30,000.00 N/A
4) Construction of 2 No classrooms for Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture, College of Forestry and Fisheries 20,000.00 N/A
5) Construction of 2-storey (3 floors) block of offices for College of Agricultural and Science Education 30,000.00 Bid Security required for this Lot
6) Construction of 2-storey (3 floors) block of Students’ Hostel 30,000.00 N/A
7) Construction of 2-storey (3 floors) block of Students Hostel 30,000.00 N/A
2.0 TENDER REQUIREMENTS
Interested candidates are to submit with their Tenders the following documents:
(a) Certificate of Incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
(b) Evidence of Company’s Current Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2013, 2014 & 2015).
(c) Evidence of Current Pension Clearance Certificate in compliance with the Amended PENCOM Reform Act 2014.
Evidence of registration on the National Database of Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by inclusion of Interim Registration Report (IRR) issued by the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP).
(e) Evidence of Current ITF Certificate in compliance with Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Act, 2005
(f) Verifiable evidence of financial capacity with a total annual turnover of ₦240,000,000.00 for the last three years (2013, 2014 & 2015). This requirement applies to Lots 1, 3,5,6 and 7 only.
(g) Current Sworn Affidavit disclosing:-
• That the company is not in receivership, insolvent or bankrupt;
• That the company does not have any Director who has been convicted in any court in Nigeria or any other Country for criminal offence in relation to fraud or financial impropriety;
• Whether or not any officer of the University is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder;
• That all documents submitted for the bidding are true and correct in all particulars;
(h) List of verifiable documentary evidences of at least two (2) similar jobs successfully executed within the last five (5) years including letters of awards and job completion Certificates
(i) List of verifiable construction equipment. Please indicate whether they are owned, hired or leased.
(j) List of key Technical Personnel indicating their rales, designations, qualifications (endorsed copies) and years of experience with the guarantee that a minimum of three (3) relevant registered professionals shall be deployed on the project. Copies of Professional and Educational Certificates should be provided.
(k) Evidence of Current NSITF Certificate of Compliance.
(3.0) COLLECTION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Tender Documents are to be collected from the office of the Head, Procurement Unit between the hours of 10.00am – 3.00pm daily upon presentation of authenticated payment details of the non-refundable tender fee prescribed for the Lot obtained from an approved Bank by the University Bursar.
(4.0) SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
(4.1) Interested Bidders are to submit Tender Documents in two (2) separate envelopes appropriately marked “Technical Bids” and “Financial Bids”. The two envelopes shall be enclosed in one (1) larger envelope marked “Tender Documents” stating the particular Lot at the top right hand corner of the envelops and addressed to:
University of Agriculture,
(4.2) Tender Documents for each Lot shall be submitted separately.
(4.3) The closing date for submission of Tender is 9th January, 2017 at 12 Noon. (5.0) OPENING OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Technical Bids shall be opened on 9th January, 2017 at 12 noon in the University Senate Chambers. All bidders are hereby invited to attend the bid opening.
(5.0) PLEASE NOTE
(i.) The University of Agriculture, Makurdi reserves the right to reject any or all “Financial bids”. This notice of “Invitation to Tender” shall neither be construed as a commitment on the part of the University nor shall it entitle any company to make claims whatsoever or seek any indemnity from the University of Agriculture, Makurdi.
(ii.) The University of Agriculture, Makurdi reserves the right to verify any claim by the bidders.
(iii.) Contracts shall be awarded to the “Lowest evaluated responsive” bidder.
(iv.) Non-compliance with any of the items (g)-(k) of 2.0 will lead to disqualification of Tender.
(v.) Submissions made by e-mail and late submissions will be rejected.
Signed Mrs. Helen N. Nyitse