The Nigerian College of Aviation Technology, Zaria intends to apply a portion of the funds appropriated in the year 2016 Budget to procure Insurance Cover for College Staff on Group Personal Accident Cover. In compliance with the Public Procurement Act, 2007, the College therefore wishes to engage the services of an underwriter & Broker with specific expertise, proven track record and experience in the Staff Group Personal Accident Insurance Policy.
Prospective applicants are expected to submit their Expression of Interest (EOI) by showing capability to undertake the assignment, provision of the following information should form the basis for short-listing and consideration for the subsequent invitation for technical and financial proposals. Interested companies are therefore expected to provide the followings:
• Evidence of registration or incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) which must include the original CTC at registration within the last six (6) months;
• NAICOM Approval Registration to operate.
• Evidence of valid reinsurance arrangement for classes of business applied for Underwriter.
• Evidence of payment of Taxes as at when due (i.e Tax Clearance).
• Evidence of three (3) years published Audited Accounts (2013, 2014, and 2015) of the company.
• Evidence of VAT Registration and Remittances.
• Verifiable Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Contractors and Service Providers by inclusion of the Interim Registration Report by BPP is required.
• Evidence of compliance with (PENCOM} Pension Reform Act.
• Evidence of meeting solvency requirements as prescribed by Insurance Act. 2003.
• Evidence of current membership of Nigerian Insurers Association for Underwriter.
• Evidence of 1TF Registration and Remittances.
• Evidence of NSITF Registration.
• Comprehensive Company Profile including ownership structure, management team, technical/other staff, registered addresses other contact details.
• Evidence of Technical Competence and relevant experiences in similar projects.
• Evidence of Financial Capacity and banking Support.
• A statement of Declaration or Affidavit attesting to the fact that none of the Bidders Company Directors Principal Officers have ever been convicted in any country for any criminal offences/confirmation of Legal Capacity to enter contract.
• A sworn affidavit certifying that the documents submitted for pre-qualification exercise are not only genuine but correct.
3. NOTE THAT:
• Failure to comply with above requirements would automatically result in disqualification.
• NCAT, Zaria reserves the right to verify the authenticity of any claim on the document submitted with CAC, NA1COM or relevant bodies.
• NCAT. Zaria reserves the right to reject any submission that does not meet the criteria without giving any reason to the bidder.
• NCAT, Zaria is neither committed nor obliged to consider any bidder or to award the contract to any of the .prospective bidders.
• NCAT. Zaria will only correspond with the underwriters/brokers that are successful in their bids submission.
• NCAT, Zaria will only correspond with duly authorized officers of the successful bidders and not agents or persons acting on their behalf.
4. DERATION OFTHE INSURANCE SERVICES:
• The insurance cover is for one (1) year period.
5. SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTS:
Expression of Interest (EOI) documents should be duly signed by the company’s Managing Director. This should be spiral-bound in two (2) copies, one ‘’original” and a “copy” to be submitted in a sealed envelope and boldly marked “EOI FOR PROVISION OF INSURANCE COVER ON GROUP PERSONAL ACCIDENT COVER FOR THE COLLEGE” at the left hand comer of the envelope, clearly indicating the name of the company, mailing address and GSM number. Interested insurance company may request further information from the address below during office hours from 9.00am 4.00pm. Mondays to Fridays, except on public holidays.
6. CLOSING DATE:
The Expression of Interest documents must be delivered by hand or registered mail to reach the undersigned on or before 12.00 noon on Wednesday, 2nd November, 2016 at the address shown below.
Parastatal Tenders Board,
Nigerian College of Aviation Technology,
Zaria Aerodrome, P.M, B 1031,
Zaria. Kaduna State, Nigeria
Email: [email protected]
7. IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
• Only shortlisted firms will be invited for the next stage to send a detailed proposal (technical & financial) based on the request for proposal (RFP) that would be issued to them.
• Nigerian College of Aviation Technology, Zaria shall not enter into correspondence with any unsuccessful firm that submitted documents.
• This advertisement will not be a commitment on the part of the Federal Ministry of Aviation or Nigerian College of Aviation Technology Zaria, nor shall it entail that those that submitted documents could make any claim(s) whatsoever and/or seek any indemnity from Nigerian College of Aviation Technology, Zaria by virtue of this publication.