Loan No: – 868NG
Bid No: ITT/VCDP/NCB/WKS/2016/07
Bid Issue Date: – 25th November, 2016
Bid Opening Date: – 9th January, 2017
(1) This Specific Procurement Notice (SPN) follows the publication of the General Procurement Notice GPN for this Programme, which appeared in the UN Development Business Issue No 533-10/15 dated 20th October, 2015.
(2) The Federal Government of Nigeria is implementing a six years FGN/IFAD assisted Value Chain Development Programme (FGN/IFAD VCDP) in the six States of Anambra, Benue, Ebonyi, Ogun, Niger and Taraba and three local Government Areas each in all the States while two more Local government Areas are expected to buy in the process of implementation based on performance
The Programme aim is to directly improve the livelihoods of approximately 53,480 households (45,000 smallholder
farmers, 7,680 small scale processors and 800 marketers) and to benefit indirectly approximately 22,000 households. The primary and secondary target groups include but not limited to poor rural households engaged in the cassava and rice value chains and downstream stakeholders. Off importance are processors linked to a large number of the primary target groups, local government councils (LGAs). Farmers and Processing Organisations are to be strengthened to sustainably manage the marketing infrastructures supported by the Programme.
(3) The National Programme Management Unit (NPMU)/Value Chain Development Programme invites sealed bids from prospective bidders for the construction of Agro Processing Infrastructure in Ogun State. The number and identification of lots comprising the Tender as well as the required Bid security are:
Lots Item Nos Project Description Location Bid Security
1(i) 1 unit Construction of Rice mill Eggua Cluster, Yelwa North LGA at least one million naira (N1,000,000)
(ii) 1 unit Construction of Par-boiling shed and drying slab Eggua Cluster, Yelwa North LGA
2 1 unit Construction of Briquette Shed Eggua Cluster, Yelwa North LGA Ditto
3 1 unit Construction of Cassava mill (Garri) Bara Cluster,
4 1 unit Construction of Ware House Eggua Cluster, Yelwa North LGA Ditto
(4) Bids shall be valid for a period of 90 days after Bid Opening and must be accompanied by security for each lot as indicated above.
(5) Bidders may bid for one or more lots. Unconditional discounts offered will be considered in bid evaluation.
(6) Bidding will be conducted in accordance with the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedure specified in the IFAD procurement guidelines 2010 which is available in the IFAD website International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) “Project Procurement Guidelines edition 2010” on the Fund’s website at http://www.ifad.org/en/projects-and-operations/procurement/resources-for-borrowers/policies-procedures/
(7) Complete set of bidding documents for any of the lots may be purchased at the Office addresses below upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Fifteen thousand Naira only (N15,000.00) for the initial Lot and Ten thousand only (N10.000.00) for any additional lot(s). Payments are to be in certified bank drafts in favour of FGN/ IFAD Value Chain Development Programme.
(1) National Programme Coordinator, National Programme Management Unit (NPMU), Value Chain Development Programme, 3B Lake Kariba Close, Off Mississippi Street, Near Belgium Embassy, Maitama, Abuja-Nigeria E- Mail: [email protected] OR
(2) State Programme Coordinator,
Ogun State VCDP, ADP Premises, State Ministry of Agriculture.
Abeokuta, Ogun State
Email: [email protected]
Interested bidders may obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents at the same addresses.
The instructions to bidders and general conditions of contract contained in the bidding documents comply with the Federal Government of Nigeria Standard Bidding Documents SBD for the procurement of Works.
(8) Bids shall be delivered/submitted only at the: –
Ogun State VCDP Project Management Unit at the office address above (Address 2)
Ogun State VCDP, ADP Premises, State Ministry of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Ogun State by 12noon Local time on 9th January, 2017
Please note that late bids and electronic bid submission will not be entertained.
(9) Bids will be opened only at the same address; –
Ogun State VCDP, ADP Premises, Abeokuta, State Ministry of Agriculture, Ogun State at 12 noon Local time on the same date 9th January, 2017 and in the presence of bidders representatives who choose to attend.
FGN/IFAD Value Chain Development Programme,
SB, Lake Kariba Close, Maitama, Abuja