Funding: Global Fund
Module 4: Reannouncement
The Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Organization ( ALCO) is a sub-regional organization created by the Heads of State of five(05) West African countries (Cote d’Ivoire. Ghana, Togo, Benin and Nigeria) to provide cross-border response to the spread of HIV infection and facilitate the free movement of people and goods along the Abidjan Lagos Corridor.
ALCO obtained a new grant from the Global fund called “Project for HIV/AIDS prevention among vulnerable and key populations along the Abidjan-Lagos Corridor”. It is a three (03) year Project from January 1, 2010 to December 31, 2018.
Within the framework of the implementation of the activities of the Global Fund New funding Mechanism, the Executive Secretariat of ALCO located in Cotonou, wishes to select individual consultants and consulting Units for live conduct of various studies planned within the project.
Module 4: HIV and key populations
Study 1: Recruit an Expert for the establishment of the program for the reduction of risks and HIV infection in view of supporting the implementation of the pilot project among IDP/IDU.
Study 2: Conduct a quick assessment in view of estimating the size of the population of IDP/IDU including HIV prevalence in the eight (8) border sites along the Abidjan Lagos corridor.
Interested consulting firms and individual consultants must have relevant expertise in studies related to HIV/AIDS in general: particularly they must be involved in the technical areas of services above in favor of the following targets:
Young girls and women
2. The Executive Secretariat is hereby inviting individual consultants and consulting firms to apply in order to provide the services described above
3. The consultants consulting firms must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform these services. Information must be provided in two(02) copies including one original copy. In case of disparity between the copies, the original will prevail.
The following documents are required for applications:
For consulting firms
• A letter of expression of interest duly signed by the Director of the firm, and addressed to the Executive Secretary of ALCO. This letter must specify the chosen area of services;
• A certified copy of Tax Identification Number (TIN)registration certificate:
• Duly signed copy of the curriculum vitae of the consulting firm members;
• Certified copies of the most relevant qualifications of the consulting firm members (main consultant in epidemiology, public health, or social sciences or equivalent( at least Master’s
Degree) – associate consultants, statistician, demographer, socio-anthropologist or social sciences or equivalent (at least Master’s Degree);
• Certificates of satisfactory performance issued to the consulting firm or to the consultants at the end of studies conducted in general in the past five years:
• Certificates of satisfactory performance issued to the consulting firm or to the consultants at the end of studies conducted in the past five years in line with the area of services in the component of the expression of interest (institution letterhead, stamp and signature):
• Excellent mastery of French ( oral and written) and good knowledge of English;
• Any other references that could attest the experience of the consulting firm in the area of services in the component of the expression of interest.
4. The Terms of Reference are available on the web site of the Abidjan-Lagos Corridor organization: www.corridor-sida.org or www.corridor-aids.org.
Selection criteria are attached to the Terms of References.
5. For studies concerning Module4, there will be a shortlist of consulting firms upon studies in accordance with the procedures of Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS).
A consulting firm or an individual consultant may apply for one or several studies per area of studies. However, a separate application must then be submitted per area. The request for proposal will be sent to those who are shortlisted.
6. Further information relating to the mission are available at the address indicated below during the following working hours, or by placing a request via email: Monday to Friday from 9h to I2h30 (local time) in the morning and 15h to 18h30 (local time) in the afternoon.
The address is as follow:
Executive Secretariat of the Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Organization. Immeuble ALAPINI, 234 Camp Guezo Cotonou, Benin Tel: (229) 21 31 35 79/ 21 31 35 91Fax: (229) 21 31 36 52 Email: [email protected]
7. Applications for expression of interest are either in French or English. They must he submitted to the address above latest by 05/01/2017 at 17H00 pm exactly (local lime). All applications sent by mail are not receivable and no application will be accepted after the deadline:
On each application, we must read “ALCO Secretariat – Expression of Interest for SHORTLISTING INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS AND CONSULTING FIRMS IN VIEW OF CONDUCTING VARIOUS STUDIES FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE ACTIVITIES OF THE GLOBAL FUND NEW FUNDING MECHANISM Module 4 Study N°…..Reannouncement. Do not open until opening session”.
The Executive Secretary